This post is now outdated. To display pre-roll video in Wistia, you can now use our Bare playlist.
We're super excited to announce the launch of our new pre-roll video tool. This new feature allows for the display of a short video clip (that can't be skipped) before your main video. See a cool example of how it works here:
We've built this tool to support a wide variety of use cases such as: self-managed sponsorships and video advertising, branded intros to your videos, and having a call to action before your video (donation, registration, clickthrough).
Some of the unique features of our pre-roll video are:
- Works in both Flash and across mobile devices
- Can switch out the pre-roll for all of your pre-roll enabled videos with a single click (and without needing to update the embed code)
- All of the viewing of the pre-roll video is tracked with video heatmaps
- Can select a specific pre-roll video to display or have it chosen randomly from a list
- The option to display a countdown timer for the pre-roll video
To get more information on how our pre-roll tool works, check out our documentation. Or, jump right in and start using the tool.