The brand new Wistia Trello Power-Up is about to give your Trello board a serious upgrade.
Launching today, this free Power-Up allows you to add Wistia videos right into your Trello cards for easy access. It’s the beginning of a beautiful friendship, combining the efficiency of Trello with the video superpowers of Wistia.
What this means for Wistia and Trello users
As a Wistia and Trello customer, you'll be able to manage your video production and marketing workflows seamlessly. Find, upload, and watch relevant videos right within your next Trello board! Enrich Trello cards with Wistia video data! We’re betting this feature is going to keep you better organized—and more productive.
That's right. Familiar Wistia functionalities (like seeing video stats, uploading videos, and searching your video library) are now right at home within your Trello cards.
Benefits for all!
Thanks to the Power-Up, your video production team will manage their video production workflows like never before (we certainly know ours will). They'll be able to see the status of each project in context, upload new edits to the card as the project progresses, and check back on each stage in seconds.
As for your marketing team, picture this: You’re working on a landing page campaign that contains a video. If a Trello board is the home base for that campaign, your marketing team will be able to use Wistia to see the status of the landing page's video during development. Then, following release, they'll be able to monitor the actual performance of the video in the very same place. It’s just one way that the Power-Up can save you time by keeping everything in one manageable spot.
Ready to see how it works? Let’s walk through it.
How to enable the Wistia Trello Power-Up
To enable the Wistia Power-Up, you’ll just need to follow a few simple steps.
- Open the menu on the right sidebar of your Trello board. From there, open Power-Ups and search for Wistia, then click Enable.
- After that, you’ll see the Wistia icon on the right whenever you go into any Trello card. Click to connect your Wistia account. Now, you’re all set to search within your account, upload videos, and see stats!
- To add a Wistia video to a Trello card, you have a few different options. First, you can simply paste a Wistia link into a card comment. You’ll automatically see your video’s title, along with the Wistia logo, in one tidy link. Once the comment is saved, you can display your video’s thumbnail and stats by clicking Add link as attachment.
- You can also upload a video to the card, which will pull the video in with a thumbnail image. When you click play, a handy popover embed will appear right over the Trello board.
See how sleek it looks? And we're not just talking about Lenny...
- Lastly, you can select Choose Existing Video to search any project or video from within your Wistia account. Easy peasy!
Still have questions? Find more detailed instructions about enabling the Power-Up in our Help Center.