Add a password to your videos!
Need to make sure only the certain people are watching your videos? Add a password to the beginning, and only share it with the right people.
This video requires a password to watch. Click on the play button to check out the feature. Solve the riddle to watch the video!
Well that’s pretty cool.
If you’d like to add a password to your videos, you’ll want to head to the video within Wistia. From there, select Customize under the overview panel.
In the Customize panel you should see a menu for.
Make sure to turn the option to, fill in the top text (or leave it blank), and choose a password. Don’t forget to your settings, and you’re good to go!
Just a friendly heads up, this password will be universal for every viewer. Each viewer will be required to enter the same password in order to watch the video. If you’d like to apply more fine grain permissions, we recommend checking out our private sharing page.
There’s a few things to remember when picking your passwords.
- Password are case sensitive, so make sure when you share the password with your audience, you share it with the cOrReCt cAsEs. ✨
- Spaces, special characters, and numbers are all included in the password.
- Anyone with access to the Customize panel on a video (any Collaborator with Admin or Upload permissions) can update the . So make sure to only invite people to your project that you trust.
We have made great improvements around the security of your videos that are password protected. To get a bit technical, when the page and your (password protected) video first load, we only load the thumbnail and omit the references to the video assets. Once the correct password is entered, we return those video assets right away and your viewers can begin watching the video.
This is the best way to ensure your video assets aren’t on the page prior to when the password is entered, and is the best protection for your Wistia videos.
It’s important to note that everyone with access to the Customize panel in your account will have the ability to change the password for your videos. Users with this access level include:
- Managers on your Wistia account
- Collaborators with the Admin permissions on the project
- Collaborators with the Upload permissions (these users will only be able to Customize videos they’ve uploaded)
If this level of security is not strong enough for your use case, we recommend using our Private Sharing functionality instead.
Next up, let’s add some Chapters to our video!
Psst: the password for the video up top is “wind”