We just added "Shooting with a Ring Light" to the Wistia Learning Center:
It’s almost shocking how many questions we’ve gotten about what ring light we’re using, and today, we reveal the answer, at long last: Chris’s ring light is the Stellar CEL-R18C 18" Fluorescent Ring Light. You can buy it from DVeStore for $249. But the ring light is a fickle beast.
What are the pros and cons of shooting with a ring light?
- Flattering interview shots with few shadows and minimal wrinkles.
- Music videos!
- As a stylistic effect.
- The ring light is pretty light and easy to move around.
- The "halo" effect of the ring light is really bad with glasses.
- You’re limited to shooting through the ring light from behind.
- It’s pretty bright. Staring into the ring light can be hard on the subjects being filmed.
Watch the video to learn more!