Major Keys to Video Content Strategy
About Mike King
Michael King recently founded boutique digital marketing agency iPullRank and consults with companies all over the world, including brands ranging from SAP, American Express, HSBC, SanDisk, General Mills, and FTD, as well as promising startups and small businesses. In his WistiaFest talk, he shared concrete tactics for setting goals and measuring your content marketing efforts.
- Effective video content strategy isn't about volume, it's about precision. Creating an authentic experience for the right audience is paramount.
- You need to set a goal for any content that you create and align it with the user journey - measuring your efforts is what allows you to demonstrate business value.
- How to use Assisted Conversions in Google Analytics to show how video drives revenue, and why self-hosting is the best option for contextualizing your video data.
- How to segment your data based on demographics and psychographics.
- Content marketing is a long-term investment - a lot of your efforts will take time to show results, and that's okay, as long as you're continually testing and improving.
Here are some more WistiaFest talks you might enjoy next. (Or, go back to the talks!)
Real, Raw, and Human: Using Video to Build Cultural Competitve Advantage
Glenn Elliott, CEO & Co-Founder, Reward Gateway
Connect and Convert: How to Use Emotion to Create High-Converting Videos
Talia Wolf, CEO & Founder, GetUplift
Interview with Adam Lisagor
Adam Lisagor, Founder, Sandwich Video