Prove the ROI of Your Video
About Phil Nottingham
Phil Nottingham regularly speaks around the world about video strategy and technical marketing. Prior to working at Wistia, Phil was a Senior Consultant at Distilled, where he became a renowned expert on video SEO and video marketing strategy. In his WistiaFest talk, Phil offers suggestions for how to make a better business case for video.
- We often confuse metrics (things we can measure), KPIs (how we define success), and ROI (attributable financial return).
- Why bigger numbers and viral success aren't always better, and why you shouldn't treat every metric as a KPI.
- The key benefits of video -- its emotional impact and ability to convey a lot of information in a short time -- and how to measure a "meaningful impression".
- How to separate creative and marketing goals to improve your measurement and produce more targeted videos and tips for attaching metrics to emotional state change and minimum viable conversions.
- Specific practices for measuring ROI from paid video campaigns on YouTube and Facebook.
- The importance of both tangible and intangible video goals.
Here are some more WistiaFest talks you might enjoy next. (Or, go back to the talks!)