Posts in the Production category, page 1
Production (posts 1–24)
Peep these production tips and tricks and get rolling with video.
- What Is Focal Length?
Can you see us now? Good! Now that we’re in focus, let’s dive into focal length and how your lenses ...
- Types of Camera Shots, Angles, and Moves for video
Let’s take a look at wide angle, medium, close-up shots, and others!
- What is Frame Rate for video?
Find out more about frame rates and the essentials for picking the best frame rate for your shot.
- What Is Shutter Speed?
Shutter speed, or exposure time, is the amount of time each frame is exposed to light. Learn why shutter speed ...
- What Is ISO for video?
ISO adjusts your camera’s sensitivity to light. Learn ins and outs of ISO with these tips!
- What Is Aspect Ratio?
Check out these different aspect ratios and how they impact the look and feel of your videos.
- What Is Aperture?
If you want to learn more about aperture, then you’ve come to the right place!
- The Best iPhone Camera Settings for Video Pros in 2023
We'll walk you through everything you should turn on or off in the iPhone's camera settings app.
- How to Make Your First Video
Here's how you can make a great video today using tools you already have.
- Five More Shot Sequences to Add Variety to Your Videos
Enliven your storytelling with the Same Frame Game, Repeating Motion, Perspective Shift, Primelapse, and Weave.
- Spice Up Your Videos with Shot Sequences
Learn how to add visual variety with these reliable shot sequences.
- How to Shoot Video with a DSLR Camera
Chris runs through the fundamentals of ISO, shutter speed, aperture, white balance, and different lenses. Download the cheat sheet below!
- How to Shoot Video Outside
Learn what it takes to get a good-looking, well-balanced shot any time of day.
- How to Make a 360 Real Estate Video
Using 360 video for real estate is the next best thing to showing off your house in person.
- Hot Tips with Chris Lavigne — WistiaFest 2017
Chris Lavigne, Video Producer at Wistia, shares his hot tips for video.
- How to Make Effective Onboarding Videos — WistiaFest 2017
Phil Wesson, Video Marketer at Toast, explains how to make effective onboarding videos for employees and customers.
- DIY Guide to Filming a Quick Interview or Testimonial — WistiaFest 2017
Caleb Wojcik runs a video production company in San Diego and shares top tips for filming a quick interview.
- Early Impressions of Nikon’s KeyMission 360 Video Camera
This compact $500 point-and-shoot camera shoots 360 footage at 4K resolution. Learn more about its features in our gear review.
- Early Impressions of the Canon 5D Mark IV Video Features
The Canon 5D Mark IV just arrived at Wistia, and we couldn’t wait to test out the new video features. ...
- Smooth out Your Videos with Camera Sliders
See what kind of shots you can capture with a slider and learn about some solid gear options. Your videos ...
- Remove Glare from Glasses: Video Tactics for Bespectacled Talents
Trevor and the Wistia Community share their go-to tips for lighting talents who wear glasses.
- Why You Should Buy the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
Video producer Chris Lavigne explains why this $125 lens is a favorite in his collection.
- 6 Quick Tips for Looking Good on Camera
Our video team shares their go-to tactics: lights, camera angle, makeup, and more!
Mailing list sign-up form
Sign up for email updates