Slack Community Guidelines
Welcome to our Community! This is a place for all of us to learn more about video marketing and production. We strive to maintain a friendly, informative, and fairly nerdy environment 'round these parts. Come on in and let's get you through some of the FAQs!
Wait, where is this Community?
We're hanging out in our own Slack team (pretty sweet!). Sign up anytime! Once an admin sends you an invite, you can download the Slack desktop app and sign in to stay on top of Community discussions.
How do I use Slack?
- First, go ahead and download the Slack desktop app.
- Once you sign in, you'll already be included in a bunch of helpful channels, such as #general, #production, and #marketing. There are more, though! Click on Wistia Community on the top left and you'll see all the channels we have to offer. Woo-hoo!
- Head into the #introduce-yourself channel and write a little somethin' about yourself, your company, etc. Feel free to include any of your favorite videos you've made.
- You can chat with others, mention them using @ (just like on Twitter!), and even private message them to talk about projects you might want to collaborate on, issues you're both trying to solve, etc.
- Use the / command (just type in "/") to see what other cool things you can do, such as including GIFs and using the wiki. You can use /mute to turn down the volume on channels you're not as interested in, and desktop notifications will bring up things you want to hear about. You can change your notification settings here.
- To post your video, just copy and paste the URL from your video page in Wistia. Others will be able to play the video right in Slack!
- Check out the Slack team settings. There's so much you can do to make this Slack team work perfectly for you.
- You can even change your Slack team to reflect our Wistia colors! Head to the top Wistia Community banner, hit Preferences, Sidebar Theme, then scroll all the way down and paste these values in the bottom section: #3E313C, #3EA9F5, #3EA9F5, #FFFFFF, #1C55C5, #FFFFFF, #4CC8A7, #F98700
Yes, GIFs! We ask that you use discretion and limit your GIF posting to when it really just needs to be GIF'd, in order to ensure that our Slack channels are mostly filled with helpful conversations. But hey, when the convo begs a GIF, you'll know.
What kinds of conversations happen here?
We talk about all sorts of things related to video and video marketing. In this Community, you can:
- Share your video concept, production, or strategy for feedback and advice
- Ask about creating cool things with the Wistia API
- Learn more about how folks are using our integrations
- Run through concepting and scripting ideas
- Give feedback on the Wistia product
- Share helpful tips and best practices you've just learned
- Connect with others who care about video
What kinds of conversations happen here?
You'll have better luck if you reach out to our Customer Champions directly. They'll help you out really quickly and can help solve your issue!
Someone posted something that's offensive and/or rude. What do I do?
Let us know as soon as you can! You can message any of the admins—that's Phil Wesson, Enget Dang, Steven Howe, Ian Servin, Ben Carmichael, Matilyn Ozment, Sarah Zimmerman, Matthew Pompa, or anyone from the Wistia team. We'll take care of it right away. No funny business here.
Speaking of funny business—what are the rules of this Community? Can you edit or delete my posts?
Glad you asked! We take safety and inclusivity seriously in this Community. Although we won't edit your posts, admins can delete them. Our primary policy is to lead with respect on all counts. We reserve the right to delete posts that contain:
- Rude or offensive commentary
- Nudity or graphic content
- Anything that can be described as "trolling"
- Anything that can be described as "spammy"
Our Community guidelines are simple, but strict:
- Always be supportive and helpful to others
- Speak to others the way you'd like them to speak to you
- Remember that we all started somewhere
- Assume others' best intentions
We reserve the right to ban any members who have repeatedly made posts or comments that we deem offensive, rude, or go against these guidelines.
I have so many more questions.
Who do I go to?
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! We'll take it from there :)